Followers

Kimberly Lenora Brown Stansfield

My photo
'I am life that wants to live, in the midst of life that wants to live'. Albert Schweitzer "Nobody said not to go" Emily Hahn

Friday, August 21, 2009

Klaxon Calling

Klaxon Calling

Oh to hear the klaxon call
The blaring naw to announce, beckon
A siren singing a nagging song
Come this way, do this thing
Right away, right now and sharply
It irked me then as I shuffled or ran
To fill my cup with duty or watch
That dark drink warming, waking
The long deep underneath thing
Never ceasing, never known, trusted
We ride in the sloshing belly of this mother
Abliged to follow the klaxon call
Mostly now I find I stand directionless
Waiting for the wind to blow
An order to move,
How holding fast has made me old
Abliged to wait for a call not coming
I was never patriotic, never really
I did my bit without paying attention
To how the rules gave me something
To whale against, to rage against
The sea rages against the break, the wall
The sailor in peace rages against the rule
My sailor is home waiting to hear
Any one thing that will compel
Action, service, creativity
A boundary to break, a parameter to push
I am a prisoner without a prison
Diseased with delusions of reminisce

Parentless, museless, drifting

No comments: